The Legal Office provides advice to the University and its controlled entities on all legal matters affecting the University, including:
- Commercial contracts
- Research-related legal advice
- Intellectual property protection and commercialisation
- Trademarks and branding
- Dealing with regulators including investigations, reviews and audits
- Employment matters
- Student conduct and student complaints
- Discrimination issues
- UNSW policies and procedures generally
- Dispute resolution
Where appropriate, the Legal Office engages, and manages the delivery of services by, external counsel.
You may wish to use our Request for Legal Advice form.